Poetic Postcards
Poetic Postcards...
Love so childish,
the tender action-
your bewilderment
at my reaction.
Yes, I call it love
though I mean
devotion, eternity,
us forever.
I revel often
in my sappy foolishness.
I trace my straying thoughts,
I wonder
love or attachment,
all of the above?
I have a fear...
I understand impermanence,
yet I need you
if only as a memory,
or the friendly phone call,
someone to write to
a stack of midnight letters
that are overwhelming
but feel so normal
until I reread their intensity
and darling, I'd quell myself
my passion if I could,
but I can't
and I won't
and this is right,
and it's only miserable
when I don't send you
these poetic postcards
I constantly write...
Anika, I hope that answers your question about the 'boy'...
Yoomi
Love so childish,
the tender action-
your bewilderment
at my reaction.
Yes, I call it love
though I mean
devotion, eternity,
us forever.
I revel often
in my sappy foolishness.
I trace my straying thoughts,
I wonder
love or attachment,
all of the above?
I have a fear...
I understand impermanence,
yet I need you
if only as a memory,
or the friendly phone call,
someone to write to
a stack of midnight letters
that are overwhelming
but feel so normal
until I reread their intensity
and darling, I'd quell myself
my passion if I could,
but I can't
and I won't
and this is right,
and it's only miserable
when I don't send you
these poetic postcards
I constantly write...
Anika, I hope that answers your question about the 'boy'...
Yoomi

12 Comments:
Does he read your blog????
By
Vidya, at 12:22 AM
I don't know...I sent him the poem anyway...does that answer your question?
Yoomi
P.S. Vidya, it's nice to hear from you at last :D
By
Anonymous, at 12:57 AM
That's sweet..........makes me wanna cry!!!!
That makes it very clear about what's going on with you and the boy!!!
What did he say about the poem??
Keep 'em coming!!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 6:40 PM
Lol...I wouldn't have a clue dear Anika...
I'm having a lovely day, currently at uni, currently wondering what to do with life. I hope you have a brilliant day! (and that goes to everyone)
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 6:51 PM
How's uni going and how are those assignments?? Keeping you busy??
I'm having an okay time at the moment, but I'm missing you all, and my certain someone who I miss arguing with because he is working during the week so I can't harrass him during my lunch break!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 3:36 AM
My uni assignments...I can only sigh. Actually, I attended a lecture our of interest at uni today (I know...it's a little strange from someone known for skipping lectures) about the history of mathematics. The uni assignments are coming along nicely. Sorry to hear you miss your someone :( Have a lovely day tomorrow!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 6:38 AM
OMG!!! That was the best poem you've written thus far dearest Yoomi!
He's a fool if he doesn't skip (or hop) straight over to your house and sing "I Love You" by Sassy Mac at your bedroom window!
By
Mellie, at 11:31 PM
Mel... That means a lot to me. I'm glad you liked it. I just feel self conscious writing such poetry. If I write anymore, I'll share... :D
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 1:56 AM
Good!!!
I like this poetry......
Time for another, I say!!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 11:01 PM
here here old chap...I agree with the last cobber...
That was my attempt at writing like a cockney...its a working progress!
By
Mellie, at 2:57 PM
best regards, nice info » » »
By
Anonymous, at 9:15 PM
What a great site Hotel nevada granada spain scanners barcode Arcteryx waterproof backpacks Texas workmen's compensation insurance Href levitra Brazil national soccer team visors
By
Anonymous, at 1:02 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home