One Guy!
I wrote this the other night for a particular guy that I like...
Your thoughts, your soul,
you yourself have become sacred,
I could cup your spirit
between hesitant, trembling hands,
and hold you close to my heart.
Can I talk of your brilliance
while painting in your vulnerability?
Oh, I'd walk the Inferno
to spend eternity with you.
God, I'm the fool,
but my thoughts have legitimacy;
carefully tended to by support,
lost before you, I know,
how I stumble over words-
sweet pain, leave me here...
I'm almost reluctant to post this here but I suppose in many ways it is accurate and well, it's the truth. The poem is titled with that certain guy's name but I didn't want to publish the details of my relationships on this blog but never mind, I hope everyone enjoys the coming week!
Yoomi
Your thoughts, your soul,
you yourself have become sacred,
I could cup your spirit
between hesitant, trembling hands,
and hold you close to my heart.
Can I talk of your brilliance
while painting in your vulnerability?
Oh, I'd walk the Inferno
to spend eternity with you.
God, I'm the fool,
but my thoughts have legitimacy;
carefully tended to by support,
lost before you, I know,
how I stumble over words-
sweet pain, leave me here...
I'm almost reluctant to post this here but I suppose in many ways it is accurate and well, it's the truth. The poem is titled with that certain guy's name but I didn't want to publish the details of my relationships on this blog but never mind, I hope everyone enjoys the coming week!
Yoomi

11 Comments:
Wow, that is beautiful and very touching....and honestly makes me feel sad.....
Keep the poetry coming I say!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 12:29 AM
thank you, thank you! Glad you liked it. I think that at the time, it was incredibly accurate, it said a lot that otherwise I'd just stumble when telling the 'someone.'
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 12:01 AM
Did you actually show the 'someone' the poem??
By
Anika From Darwin, at 3:52 PM
I might do that...depends on how I feel at the time!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 3:40 AM
Cute, I think he'd be very touched. I know I would be!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 8:25 PM
very sweet...
By
Vidya, at 9:18 PM
Thank you guys...Vidya, I'd say it's sweet too :P
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 4:35 AM
*ding ding*
I'm ringing Vidya's update bell!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 8:05 PM
ANIKA! I heareby patent that bell! :P
By
Vidya, at 11:14 PM
Lol...guys, take it easy, I swear I'll update the minute I have time but I don't want to keep posting love poems here. Once I've got something to properly chat about, I'll update. And I solemnly swear that with my entire heart!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 11:54 PM
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it protonix
By
Anonymous, at 3:40 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home