To Blog or Not to Blog
I have been thinking about taking this blog down but then again, it's a good virtual meeting place for us peoples so perhaps I'll just wait and see...
Currently, I'm a huge fan of Henry Miller. He is one of the most honest writers I have ever come across and in some ways, what I love about him is that he understood that to understand the world, he must first understand himself. I admire writers who can pretty much put their soul on the paper without caring what anyone would think but it's not so much about not caring as not being too troubled by what other people think. I'm thinking that in terms of great writers, for me, I also love Hunter Thompson, Ayn Rand, Marquis de Sade, Sylvia Plath and Joseph Heller. Mr. Heller is the gentleman that wrote Catch-22 but the book of his that I really love is 'Portrait of the Artist, as an Old Man' because he is so much the writer and it's such a sad, painful book but hilarious which is a good thing when tackling a dark subject.
The truth is important. I'm sure everyone would agree but what happens when you have truth on one side and the possibility of offending and hurting people on the other hand? Do you say the truth no matter what, do you decide to take into account other people's feeling, or do you strike a sort of balance, a little of both worlds? Personally, I'm a fan of the truth and I don't think a person can be free unless s/he decides to be true to their self first and foremost. That's my opinion but what do you all think?
I felt sad yesterday. My English friend got fired for a little 'accident' so tomorrow is going to be a lonely day at work. I hope you all have a lovely week!
Yoomi
Currently, I'm a huge fan of Henry Miller. He is one of the most honest writers I have ever come across and in some ways, what I love about him is that he understood that to understand the world, he must first understand himself. I admire writers who can pretty much put their soul on the paper without caring what anyone would think but it's not so much about not caring as not being too troubled by what other people think. I'm thinking that in terms of great writers, for me, I also love Hunter Thompson, Ayn Rand, Marquis de Sade, Sylvia Plath and Joseph Heller. Mr. Heller is the gentleman that wrote Catch-22 but the book of his that I really love is 'Portrait of the Artist, as an Old Man' because he is so much the writer and it's such a sad, painful book but hilarious which is a good thing when tackling a dark subject.
The truth is important. I'm sure everyone would agree but what happens when you have truth on one side and the possibility of offending and hurting people on the other hand? Do you say the truth no matter what, do you decide to take into account other people's feeling, or do you strike a sort of balance, a little of both worlds? Personally, I'm a fan of the truth and I don't think a person can be free unless s/he decides to be true to their self first and foremost. That's my opinion but what do you all think?
I felt sad yesterday. My English friend got fired for a little 'accident' so tomorrow is going to be a lonely day at work. I hope you all have a lovely week!
Yoomi

12 Comments:
Fired??? What did he do???
By
Vidya, at 4:28 PM
DONT YOU DARE TAKE THIS BLOG DOWN!!!!
By
Mellie, at 4:47 PM
Oh yeah and what did your english friend do to get fired???
By
Mellie, at 4:48 PM
Swore on a recording...it was an accident, he was speaking to me at the time...the customer was pissed off but anyhow, my buddy's a great worker though :(
I'm not taking the blog down yet...I'm enjoying it and well, life goes on!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 8:55 PM
Damn.......poor guy.
I had a conversation about 'truth' with a resident of MUV last year. He insisted that people be told the truth all the time. I don't agree at all............
By
Anika From Darwin, at 4:40 PM
Hmmm, actually Anika, personally, I'd prefer the truth. I'm sure that it's not suitable in all cases but still...it's nice in theory but then again, so was communism!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 4:02 AM
hehe...did you just compare telling the truth to communism???
By
Mellie, at 3:11 PM
If I was a child, I would not like to be told the truth about Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.....
The lies spare the feelings of others, and I kinda like that aspect of lying........however, if a husband is cheating on his wife and lies and says he's not.....he needs a bullet and also needs to tell the truth, so his wife can give him the bullet.
By
Anika From Darwin, at 7:10 PM
lol...nicely put Anika...
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 1:10 AM
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Sexy woman fucked mature http://www.rhinoplasty-male.info/Golffortworthtx.html golf bag cake Really cheap airline really cheap airline ticket lampang http://www.culinary-schools-7.info/backnowcompainrelief.html Cost dental health insurance low plan
By
Anonymous, at 8:31 PM
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »
By
Anonymous, at 11:35 AM
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »
By
Anonymous, at 3:51 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home