Writing Mania

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Blue Mountains

Dearest Comrades,

I did end up going out with my friends on Friday though our plans were, to put it mildly, disrupted. Lisa cancelled, the others turned up, we missed the first train and we never quite made it to the Blue Mountains because the train services were ruined from Blacktown and out to Penrith and so we ended up spending the day at Penrith. We saw a movie, wandered around like lost souls, we got rained on, and it was a really funny, interesting day. It was nice seeing my old buddies from high school...

Since then, I've been desperately trying to work on my library project and I have been working on it but it's like walking up a darn mountain and I have another essay I really MUST make a start on because it's due in less than two weeks and I've only barely glanced at it. My writing is a little slow, I've got a certain someone on my poor brain, I met my 'mentor' on Thursday and it was so strange because meeting this particular lady meant so much to me because it was like she instinctively understood what I was trying to say with my rather stumbling sentences and stilted speech. It would've been amusing if it wasn't so serious.

Lately, I've been well. I feel calm, content, happy, and alright. I'm working away on all these different things I love and I'm currently reading the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying which I think is awesome. Oh, by the way, I saw Sin City on Friday. It has got my five stars but I kept laughing in all the wrong places in the movie and I think the someone sitting next to me must think I have a truly perverted sense of humour but oh well, I enjoyed the movie. Good bye fair laddies!

Yoomi

13 Comments:

  • Hi Yoomi,
    Do you think she thinks you've got a perverted sense of humour because you actually DO have a perverted sense of humour???
    hehe got a package at the post office I'm hoping to pick up in the next couple of days...any idea what it could be???

    By Blogger Mellie, at 9:58 PM  

  • no, no idea at all Mellie Pellie. I was actually wondered what a particular 'he' thinks of my sense of humour. Actually, I don't think I care because I was too busy laughing... Hope you like the package Mel...Yes, finally going to start reading Harry Potter. I'm so excited!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 AM  

  • Are you about to lose control and do you think you like it?? Oh Yeah!!

    Mel, pick the parcel up!!!!!!! I want it to get to me ASAP!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 4:28 AM  

  • As Buddha once said to one of his best friends: bite me!

    By Blogger Mellie, at 4:48 PM  

  • Lol...Mel, I can't even imagine Buddha saying that...Sounds suspiciously something you would say.

    Yoomi :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 PM  

  • Mel, I don't like that attitude AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

    Just snap out of it already!!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 10:16 PM  

  • Anika, Anika, breathe deeply... I hope you're having a beautiful evening! :D

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 PM  

  • Hehe, I'm actually at home at the moment, we are having a public holiday in Darwin due to it being the Darwin Show!! Hurrah.

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 7:41 PM  

  • lol...that's exciting. Now why don't we have a NSW show? Hmmm, perhaps I should go into politics...

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  

  • Hehe, but you DO have the Royal Easter Show!!!

    How was everyone's weekend??

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 3:47 PM  

  • My weekend was interesting... I keep thinking of that song 'I'm in love, I'm in love,' the song for Shrek II I believe...

    Have a pretty day Anika!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM  

  • Thanks for your SMS Yoomi, I didn't have credit to reply and also I'm at work, so it wouldn't look professional if I sat there and SMS'd you!!!

    Glad your weekend was good.

    Miss you and keep singing that song........how is the boy anyways??

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 11:37 PM  

  • This is very interesting site... »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home