Spiritual Questions!
Hmmm, today is a quiet day which is a good thing but I've got a lot of time on my hands and a lot of time to think which, I suppose, is also a good thing. I went out a little and wandered around which seems to be a habit of mine and well, there are a million things on my mind. Okay, firstly, I have farewelled depression for good. It's been a while now and it is a relief. That is one of the most draining experiences ever and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
I'm back to debating religion in my mind. I have spent so much time on all sorts of religious questions and I don't think I have gotten anywhere with it all. I think that at the end of the day, the only conclusion I have made is I do believe in a greater being and this greater being I call God and that all religions at their basis, have a similar idea and all the bloodshed in the name of the religion is a waste and people losing track of the bigger picture. I'm not trying to be simplistic, I'm not trying to sound more open minded than I really am and in love with New Age philosophies but it's my thought that everyone would love to live their life and live it in peace. Isn't that what any person would want?
I want to mention a writer who has had a dramatic influence on me and who, in my opinion, has been largely misunderstood. I've mentioned him from time to time and I just want to mention him a little more here. He's the Marquis de Sade. I now officially have a complete collection of what he wrote. Now, from his last name comes our English word 'sadism' and I suppose that tells you a little about common perceptions when it comes to the Marquis. I came across him last year when I was desperate for a writer who said absolutely what he/she wanted when it come to their writing and the only person I've found who could do that is de Sade. He has been called a sadist, pervert, misogynist, and all sorts of things but for me, he's a literary inspiration and I prefer to call him the freest spirit to have ever lived. Why did I mention him here? I think that just because someone might encourage freedom and no intellectual boundaries, it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will become a scheming, lusting, crazy, mad person with no morals and principles. It's a little like thinking that just because someone doesn't adhere to any religion, they will automatically draw no lines when it comes to what they consider acceptable behaviour and actions.
Currently, I'm reading Albert Camus' 'The Rebel.' It's very philosophical, very lovely, and I just bought it. I'll say more about it once I finish it. I wrote a strange poem this week, strange in terms of its structure. My next post will definitely be a poem. Take care people. Just excuse my rambling! I have a lot on my mind...
Yoomi
I'm back to debating religion in my mind. I have spent so much time on all sorts of religious questions and I don't think I have gotten anywhere with it all. I think that at the end of the day, the only conclusion I have made is I do believe in a greater being and this greater being I call God and that all religions at their basis, have a similar idea and all the bloodshed in the name of the religion is a waste and people losing track of the bigger picture. I'm not trying to be simplistic, I'm not trying to sound more open minded than I really am and in love with New Age philosophies but it's my thought that everyone would love to live their life and live it in peace. Isn't that what any person would want?
I want to mention a writer who has had a dramatic influence on me and who, in my opinion, has been largely misunderstood. I've mentioned him from time to time and I just want to mention him a little more here. He's the Marquis de Sade. I now officially have a complete collection of what he wrote. Now, from his last name comes our English word 'sadism' and I suppose that tells you a little about common perceptions when it comes to the Marquis. I came across him last year when I was desperate for a writer who said absolutely what he/she wanted when it come to their writing and the only person I've found who could do that is de Sade. He has been called a sadist, pervert, misogynist, and all sorts of things but for me, he's a literary inspiration and I prefer to call him the freest spirit to have ever lived. Why did I mention him here? I think that just because someone might encourage freedom and no intellectual boundaries, it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will become a scheming, lusting, crazy, mad person with no morals and principles. It's a little like thinking that just because someone doesn't adhere to any religion, they will automatically draw no lines when it comes to what they consider acceptable behaviour and actions.
Currently, I'm reading Albert Camus' 'The Rebel.' It's very philosophical, very lovely, and I just bought it. I'll say more about it once I finish it. I wrote a strange poem this week, strange in terms of its structure. My next post will definitely be a poem. Take care people. Just excuse my rambling! I have a lot on my mind...
Yoomi

8 Comments:
A prelude to uninhibitious writing perhaps?
By
Vidya, at 3:45 PM
We all hope :D
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 7:56 PM
Kasun drive a Honda 'prelude'. Err yes. Seriously Yoomi, that's great that you have fought and won against something!! Good on you!! I agree with your notion of God, he is an important part of many people's lives, he just has different forms. I hate the way religion is twisted so as to exclude other people who are of other religions. All religions are good, it's the weird and whacky people of the world that make certain religions 'bad' and therefore kill people for their beliefs.
By
Anika From Darwin, at 12:26 AM
hey! I 've put a trade mark on the word rambling with reference to blogging - you plagarist!
Is it just me acting a bit like the world revolved around Mel or did your reference to people not adhering to a religion refer to mois?
I REALLY MISS YOU THREE!!!
By
Mellie, at 9:00 PM
Hmmm, I don't think so, I was merely in a philosophical mood. I hadn't known you'd taken out a copyright for the word rambling! I guess I better cough up some money in that case!
Anika, I know where you're coming from. I think I'll ramble on about this some other time. Ooops, using Mel's word again :P
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 2:46 AM
hehe...I'll let it slide only three times then I'll go after the book collection *evil laugh*
By
Mellie, at 5:16 PM
Mel, that is just too much!!! How could you say such a thing. Don't forget, lunch with Rids at 1pm today!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 5:39 PM
best regards, nice info bingo game
By
Anonymous, at 7:57 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home