Exhaustion...
Today has been a long day! It doesn't help that I was walking home from work and it started pouring. Don't get me wrong, I love rain. I love cold weather with all my heart but I couldn't help but think it was like misery on a big scale...
I officially have started reading Homer's Iliad. It's an interesting story for sure but I think I don't like Chapman's translation. It's in old English and it's tough to follow so I might wander back into the bookstore and get a different copy. I've read Anais Nin's Children of the Albatross and her style is much like Virginia Woolf's though she's a much more cynical lady! That could be why I like her so much. I also read the Bone Collector. I thought it was bloody great! Has anyone seen the movie with Angelina Jolie and Denzel Washington?
I'm actually feeling rather depressed. I'm in one of those very quiet, almost anti-social moods and I don't like how I have to always be chirpy and enthusiastic at work. I'm thinking that I would love to find a nice warm corner and go straight to sleep. Yesterday I bought a hardback copy of Sylvia Plath's Ariel. I adore Plath. She's my literary heroine and I find her poetry inspiring because it's so visual and she has such rich imagery. I was thinking I would like to post a poem of mine but I don't have any handy and I'm feeling tired and well, I'm sure you can figure out the rest! I feel like a grumpy old bear. Before I forget, Mel just take it easy in the mean time. Vidya, I'm looking forward to seeing the graduation photos, and Anika, I tried calling you three times on the weekend!!!
Till next time, toodles!
Yoomi
I officially have started reading Homer's Iliad. It's an interesting story for sure but I think I don't like Chapman's translation. It's in old English and it's tough to follow so I might wander back into the bookstore and get a different copy. I've read Anais Nin's Children of the Albatross and her style is much like Virginia Woolf's though she's a much more cynical lady! That could be why I like her so much. I also read the Bone Collector. I thought it was bloody great! Has anyone seen the movie with Angelina Jolie and Denzel Washington?
I'm actually feeling rather depressed. I'm in one of those very quiet, almost anti-social moods and I don't like how I have to always be chirpy and enthusiastic at work. I'm thinking that I would love to find a nice warm corner and go straight to sleep. Yesterday I bought a hardback copy of Sylvia Plath's Ariel. I adore Plath. She's my literary heroine and I find her poetry inspiring because it's so visual and she has such rich imagery. I was thinking I would like to post a poem of mine but I don't have any handy and I'm feeling tired and well, I'm sure you can figure out the rest! I feel like a grumpy old bear. Before I forget, Mel just take it easy in the mean time. Vidya, I'm looking forward to seeing the graduation photos, and Anika, I tried calling you three times on the weekend!!!
Till next time, toodles!
Yoomi

9 Comments:
I hear ya! It was rather depressing weather yesterday...
Been reading short stories lately... Agatha Christie and Roald Dahl...Now I am making my studenets read them too - its fun!
By
Vidya, at 3:32 PM
Yes, Vids loves ordering people about, especially small children.
Yoomi, I was at rehersal on the weekend. Arafura is slowly but surely, taking over my life. I saw your missed calls (I had heaps of them from my parents too, oops!!). I've been meaning to get back to you (at least a message!!), you know what I'm like, scatterbrained.
Why don't you come to Darwin and soak up the sun (in a very big way). It's actually getting cooler in the mornings, and is rather pleasant.
Hehe, I just had a bitch session with this lady from work about the Arafura games and how there is a lot of waiting around.
It's 8.31am and I'm still the ONLY person in my section!!!!!!!!! Why don't I just do EVERYONE'S jobs??
By
Anika From Darwin, at 4:01 PM
I'm honestly glad to hear you're both okay. Normally, I love cold weather but today and yesterday, it's just that I have to go out in the cold weather when I would love to sit at home with a book or just sleep on!!!
I started reading Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It's darn good! I've never read any Agatha Christie or rather, I've never finished anything by her :)
I hope to catch up with you both soon and yes, I'm saying that to Anika too! I wouldn't mind a trip to Darwin!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 7:02 AM
Maybe that should be our next trip Yumna... just like I said I would come to Canberra with you... *hangs head in shame*
By
Vidya, at 4:37 PM
Never mind Vidya :) There's always time for that right?
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 5:10 AM
Yes guys, you seriously should come to Darwin. I'm actually feeling 'cold' in the morning, much to my Mum's surprise. "How did you manage in Sydney??" she asked me this morning. I told her I had a heater, and she told me that we are NOT getting a heater (did I ever say I wanted one??). I think my body has gone into shock because I'm not sweating when I wake up.
By
Anika From Darwin, at 5:02 PM
Yoomi, Yoomi, how are you?? I hope you are fine and well, and your obsession with blogs is still going strong!! What's happening in your part of the world?? Hope things are good. I miss you heaps!!! Take care!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 10:06 PM
I put a comment yesterday but my net's playing up. I definitely need to update :)
yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 3:20 AM
Yes... an update is long overdue!
By
Vidya, at 4:02 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home