Writing Mania

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Eccentricity and Black Book IV

Comrades,

Essentially, the latest bit of the Black Book story will be posted very shortly, straight after I ramble about my life a little. It never occurred to me that one day I'd sigh and think to myself that I'd chosen a fitting title for my blog but that is what is one my mind these days. I'm a writer and I suffer for recurring mania and these manic times are horrendously blissful and perhaps the only thing that is better than this lovely mania is perhaps the calmness that only the dead enjoy. Oh dear, how did the morbidity manage to creep in this time?

News, news! I just heard from an old buddy of mine and we giggled happily on the phone for ten minutes. I'm reading excessively and writing furiously and the coffee is flowing just fine. Last night, with Edgar Allan Poe on my mind, I wrote a tiny story which is more like a creepy scene and I wonder where all these ideas come from but there are many more stories on the way and by the way, on the active front, I am going to make a heartfelt effort to get something published. I want to be rich and famous and entitled to be as weird and eccentric as I like.

Friends, thank you for bearing with me and here is the latest part of that delightful story...


Black Book IV

Does that make sense?'

Sidhi nodded and gestured for me to stand. 'It makes sense. Come, let's walk a little. These are beautiful woods.' I stood and she nudged me to the pathway. I loved having her near. It was reassuring in the best way. 'I understand what you're saying but would it also be logical to say that there's an element of truth when I say that you have something in common with everyone?'

I couldn't help but laugh. She stared at me and raised her eyebrows. 'Even the odd psycho?'

'Is that so hard to believe?'

'Well, I don't like to feel I have anything in common with psychos.'

'If you have something in common with them, does it make you one?'

'No, I'd hope not.'

'So we can say for the time being that you have something in common with everyone?'

'I'm with you so far.' I treaded around a pool of water. I needed my shoes clean for school tomorrow after all. I noticed Sidhi was barefoot. Didn't she worry about cutting her feet or dirtying them? Sidhi probably would have dismissed such things as not being worth the effort of worrying about them. She, I would say, might have said that there were bigger things to think about. I loved her casualness, that was for certain. She stopped suddenly and glanced around. I heard silence, the distant bird, the rustle of a loose leaf, and still she stood, waiting. I didn't dare speak until she relaxed completely. 'Is something wrong?'

'No, not wrong exactly. Just keeping an eye out, being cautious.' She jumped over a log just like a kid. 'We've established you and everyone else on this planet have at least one vital thing in common right?'

'Yes, but what's left now is what is that one thing and that's what I'm waiting for you to tell me.'

'A decent disciple likes to discover things for their self,' Sidhi declared with a grin showing most of her tiny teeth.

This time I was the one who paused. I was sure I'd been in this part of the woods before but I'd never seen anything like this. One tree stood out between the rest. It shot off upwards and the other trees prevented me from seeing just how tall this particular tree was. That wasn't what caught my breath. This tree glowed. I mean it was bathed in golden light, light like sunlight, but this was no ordinary sunlight. The air around the tree was alive, full of energy, and I simply gaped and Sidhi smiled faintly in my direction. 'Has this tree always been there?'...



Yoomi




20 Comments:

  • This is to proove my point that Agent Smith never looses...

    (what say Eman punk) :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 AM  

  • Agent smith will now read the post :P now that he's done the usual by being the fasted and the coolest person ever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 AM  

  • "The air around the tree was alive, full of energy..."

    hmmm Agent Smith wants to know what exactly does this mean :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 AM  

  • oh forgot to add that Agent smith rules!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 AM  

  • Ummm Mr Anderson beat you all by posting the post that everyone else should reply to :D

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 AM  

  • Yawns. excuses. excuses. yawns again. The results are in, Mr Smith rules the "Writing Mania" .....**thank you thank you**...now if you'll give me a moment I'll go prepare my victory speech!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 AM  

  • Dear Mr. Riddy- or as you are so fond of calling yourself- Mr. Smith,
    This is an unfair evil battle that has been rigged!!!! it is unfair that our dearest Yumna posts when you are online and because of the fact that we only have one source of internet access I claim this battle to be an unfair one...
    Yours sincerly
    Eman- or which ever other goofy name you have placed upon me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 AM  

  • This is rather amusing... I wonder if anyone is enjoying the story though :p

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:10 AM  

  • We have 99.99% (or more) common with everyone on the planet! And yet we are such a diverse species! How did that happen??? I think it is the most philosophical thing about genetics for me...

    By Blogger Vidya, at 3:36 AM  

  • So the genes are in common but what about our personalities?


    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 AM  

  • Depends on how much of your personality you think is controlled by your (our?) genes...

    By Blogger Vidya, at 12:27 AM  

  • Indeed...That bit of genetic difference really has room for lots of difference. Just think, it is our 'indiviudalism.' This is getting a tad too philosophical :P

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 AM  

  • OOOH i never thought I would see the day when a blogspot was mistaken for a scientific(philosophy stuff) web page. (LOL).
    Take care,
    Eman ( I refuse to call myself goofey).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • Hi GOOOFEEYY :D I like it!

    *Chases Eman around her room yelling "Goofey"*

    Yoomi: sure we are all individuals, but we have more in common then not in common...

    By Blogger Vidya, at 10:21 PM  

  • indeed...I'm a bit interested in people chasing my sister and calling her Goofy! :D

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 AM  

  • *goooffeyyy* Where did she go now??

    By Blogger Vidya, at 4:49 PM  

  • only Agent Smith is allowed to call Eman Goofy...:-)

    Yours Faithfully,

    Agent Smith (Goofy's (Eman) Best mate)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

  • Vids; the 99.9% common - is that including or excluding pseudogenes, introns, etc???

    Mellie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

  • *laughs at the name calling*

    I think our personalities are created more so by nurture rather than nature (but not completely so). I say this because I find I'm becoming more like my mother every day!!!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 9:33 PM  

  • Mellie: I am talking about 16sribosomal RNA... So it is really more like 100%...

    Anika: but if you are becomming more like your mum... then wouldn't it be nature rather than nurture??

    By Blogger Vidya, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home