Writing Mania

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Reluctant Ruler

Reluctant Ruler

Greatness is not for me
despite what anyone might say
and I am Queen
Queen against my will
because the world, it seems, made the choice
and set my fate
and shut the doors
and left me a throne and crown
while all I ever envied
was the commoner, the ordinary,
the anonymous Joe and Jane
with their permanently stitched smile
but here I am,
they tell me greatness is in my blood
yet I don't understand
what deal has been struck
in my unassuming name.

These lonely nights are silent curses,
even God deserted a long time ago,
jumped off his post
trotted off into the darkness
dusted his feet of the whole matter.

I was warned against remorseless blasphemy-
the big sin, the ultimate no-no
but vice and virtue are equally justified
when viewed from the inside
and how can I think I'm wrong
when I've maintained my innocence all along?

Is there any hope
or has that candle died?

I barricaded the doors early on
to cast out the world
which flung me into a dungeon
and I submit, greatness is mine today,
they stipulated the rules without delay,
but my world, I warn you
nails are shortened claws-
I have ten of these
on neat little fingers
and a despicable memory...

6 Comments:

  • Very nice.! :-)

    Very very nice! :-)

    - Agent Smith

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 AM  

  • Therefore there better be no charge :D

    Mr Anderson (aka Yoomi)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 AM  

  • I like your poetry Yoomi...

    By Blogger Vidya, at 12:50 PM  

  • Glad you do dear Vidya :)

    I just feel like posting poetry these days. I'm writing little else. Maybe I should post a short story sometime...

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 PM  

  • As long as your are posting and I don't have to get out my cymbals... I think I will just let my cymbals reside permanently in Mel's Blog...

    By Blogger Vidya, at 1:42 AM  

  • lol... I think we might all have to get some cymbals but Mel is posting these days...

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home