Presence of Reality
Presence of Reality
The thin crown of disbelief
balances on the Queen's thick skull
as she debates the people around her-
are they even real,
do they mean what they say,
is that praise true?
They don't seem to like me,
should I even care, pondered she,
is it my talent, my brains,
won't somebody love me, me,
the real me, I'm right here,
not this stage prop, this costume?
Would they love a Queen ever
if it wasn't for her glitter?
I am disgusted, for sure,
with them, with myself
for trying
for being desperate
for despairing,
and I'm helpless still-
the Queen almost cried-
a life of myth and stories
swallowed readiy by everyone
when I just want to be honest
with someone, anyone
and why won't a light shine over me
where are my undying friendships
my comfortable memories?
Oh where have they disappeared?
They died, my dear, whispered the writer,
died, dead, dust long ago,
shed a tear, will you,
and move on...
These dark poems are just a tad too dark. My apologies good friends of mine!
Yoomi
The thin crown of disbelief
balances on the Queen's thick skull
as she debates the people around her-
are they even real,
do they mean what they say,
is that praise true?
They don't seem to like me,
should I even care, pondered she,
is it my talent, my brains,
won't somebody love me, me,
the real me, I'm right here,
not this stage prop, this costume?
Would they love a Queen ever
if it wasn't for her glitter?
I am disgusted, for sure,
with them, with myself
for trying
for being desperate
for despairing,
and I'm helpless still-
the Queen almost cried-
a life of myth and stories
swallowed readiy by everyone
when I just want to be honest
with someone, anyone
and why won't a light shine over me
where are my undying friendships
my comfortable memories?
Oh where have they disappeared?
They died, my dear, whispered the writer,
died, dead, dust long ago,
shed a tear, will you,
and move on...
These dark poems are just a tad too dark. My apologies good friends of mine!
Yoomi

9 Comments:
Are you kidding me? They may seem really dark but (and you may not even intend for this to come through) your sardonic humour is bubbling under the surface. The way you write is full of a wryness.
Love it!
Mellie
By
Anonymous, at 1:18 AM
Glad that is what you've noticed. I've become worried it is just too much because I would hate to think it's darkness minus humour. Humour always saves the day.
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 1:36 AM
veryinteresting.com
By
Anonymous, at 1:51 AM
www.thankyouforyourcomments.com
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 1:54 AM
hehe...random/automated bloggers are funny!
Mellie
By
Anonymous, at 12:48 PM
Yes, I like it a lot!!!!!
Why did you take down the others??
By
Anika From Darwin, at 3:21 PM
What happened to the other poems?? Only one poem at any given time??
By
Vidya, at 6:38 PM
Lol...random automated comments from a certain Agent Smith in Canberra.
The other poems...I don't know why I take them down but for some reason I dislike leaving them until I get my final draft done though I also know I'm not really redrafting so I assure you all they'll be back quite shortly.
How are we all today???
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 12:16 AM
Very nice site! Internet craps jobs Getting contact lens 1981 suzuki rascal hardcore pokemon hentai sunsentinal sports security alton il alton burglar alarm system Car &aposnavigation system Jeep posters Collection on chargedoff debts drugs for impotence Gang bang land vitems 33rogaine vs propecia
By
Anonymous, at 4:13 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home