Psychotherapy
Psychotherapy
Her solitude had turned ugly,
her hands, her skin, her mind,
they were useless, pointless, she said,
so why shouldn't I jump out of my skin?
She jumped into an office instead
straight onto the famed couch
and inspected his taste in art
which she decided was so-so.
He clicked his pen,
she cleared her throat,
he didn't dare tap his foot,
she stared, or glared,
oh why was she here
here to enlighten a stranger
in hope of not being judged
but he's mortal, a human, her soul supplied,
and he judges like the rest, whispered her heart,
but he only has to listen, declared her diplomatic mind.
She made a mess of an ill-timed joke.
He laughed nonetheless,
and off she went.
Life is to be endured, she stated,
it is not to be enjoyed,
and I just want my life as it was
and someone to live it for me
so I can vacation in the Caribbean.
She sighed and thought herself hopeless.
He smiled, little shark-like teeth,
claws of a wolf
to hold a client all the better.
He will never understand despaired the Queen.
His mind yawned
I've seen many of her type...
Her solitude had turned ugly,
her hands, her skin, her mind,
they were useless, pointless, she said,
so why shouldn't I jump out of my skin?
She jumped into an office instead
straight onto the famed couch
and inspected his taste in art
which she decided was so-so.
He clicked his pen,
she cleared her throat,
he didn't dare tap his foot,
she stared, or glared,
oh why was she here
here to enlighten a stranger
in hope of not being judged
but he's mortal, a human, her soul supplied,
and he judges like the rest, whispered her heart,
but he only has to listen, declared her diplomatic mind.
She made a mess of an ill-timed joke.
He laughed nonetheless,
and off she went.
Life is to be endured, she stated,
it is not to be enjoyed,
and I just want my life as it was
and someone to live it for me
so I can vacation in the Caribbean.
She sighed and thought herself hopeless.
He smiled, little shark-like teeth,
claws of a wolf
to hold a client all the better.
He will never understand despaired the Queen.
His mind yawned
I've seen many of her type...

14 Comments:
Wow!!!
I can just picture it!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 2:54 PM
Wonderful... I am hoping that these poems sincerely make sense. They are among my favourites and are very, very close to my heart!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 9:44 PM
"Life is to be endured... not to be enjoyed..." How do you do it Yoomi???
By
Vidya, at 11:22 AM
Yes, I agree with Vids, I like that line!!! Sometimes things feel like that!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 7:55 PM
I recently remarked in an email to a friend that I love poetry and I love writing and writing is the centre of my universe and I mean that sincerely but all I do is write about dark stuff and when it comes right down to it, I like it that people can relate to what I write because it means that I'm not alone but I wish that people didn't relate and especially not my close friends because I would hate to think that these tough, dark, despairing, bothersome days plague you guys as well...
Yoomi
P.S. I love that line too... I love my Queen :P
By
Anonymous, at 1:24 AM
I think they plague everyone from time to time...........
By
Anika From Darwin, at 9:57 PM
I am with Anika on that one. Some moments are to be endured... and others are to be enjoyed.
Did I say something remotely profound then? Or is it my imagination?
By
Vidya, at 2:32 AM
Vidya...I am certain it was deeply profound :P
Hmmm I should post again soon.
Yoomi
P.S. How is everyone's weekend going?
By
Anonymous, at 2:44 AM
I'm back!
REALLY GOOD Yoomi!
My Fav lines:
He clicked his pen,
she cleared her throat,
he didn't dare tap his foot,
she stared, or glared,
hehe...love it.
Sorry Yoomi but we all go through some of the dark stuff - I think of it as being stuck in a pit with someone spraying you with a firefighters hose so you keep getting pushed further and further down under the pressure and you feel like you're drowning and while you want desperately to climb your way up you just have no idea how...
Back to my bloody annual report!!
Mellie
By
Anonymous, at 3:47 PM
very nice very very nice.
www.iwashere.com
By
Anonymous, at 5:05 PM
Glad you liked it Mellie and I liked the way you described it. The idea of the hose and pressure. Ah, sounds all quite descriptive.
I shall post again quite soon. All I feel like posting is poetry. I've been writing a bit lately. I want to write one about the Queen and a Tarot set. It's been on my mind for ages now...
I hope all is well with you guys. I'm concerned about this 'violence' around Sydney. I can't help but feel a little involved because it's not nice turning on the TV to hear a crowd chanting 'no more Lebs.' It's quite offensive...
Anyhow...take care peoples.
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 3:20 AM
Best regards from NY! computer backup Wireless video surveillance system Breastfeeding vicodin addict Hair removal keller Canon bp915 lithium battery for canon camcorders 888 casino on the net Newport and faucet and 7000 Protonix in combination with zantac 75 Leather furniture stores in houston small built in dishwashers sports betting Dishwasher part repair signature Discount on airline Side effects drug interactions seroquel Lg front loading washers reviews http://www.pdasoftware0.info/Hand-carved-dining-chairs.html My lovely toy anime dickgirl How to improve your credit score number honda
By
Anonymous, at 7:13 PM
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »
By
Anonymous, at 6:54 PM
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it bomex body kits Irish auto seat covers http://www.ffxi-hentai.info Computer training table Epson stylus cx3200 ink cartridge payment online tooth whitening Get adipex phentermine xenical here teen pussy watch me shine joanna pacitti Adrenals and sensitive to perfumes online baccarat Tgp anal mature Remove adware kaazaa abe lurie moving company Beach breast implant jacksonville http://www.swimsuits-36.info
By
Anonymous, at 4:56 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home