Black Book Part II
Dear everyone,
First off, I'd like to tell everyone to not worry and yes, I'm still alive and I've been musing about my little fairytale and the next part of it. That said, I have been writing daily but I'm just wondering how I should post on this blog (i.e. daily or biweekly?) and I have heard that message from Agent Smith loud and clear but I was under the distinct impression that Mr Anderson had defeated him in the third movie. With all that in mind, I have a few things to say before getting back to the story.
I hope you all had a marvellous New Years. I had an interesting day on the beach with some fascinating events which I'll tell you all about some other time. I'm enjoying my writing and reading and I have started reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince but the thing is I'm reading much more slowly these days i.e. not reading fanatically.
The other day I was at my local bookstore and I had a very amusing (I thought it was amusing in retrospect). I was standing in the teen and children's fiction section and flipping to the back of each book, searching for a particular story. I had this story in mind and I just kept putting books back and picking up another one. Finally, I looked up (it was a true eureka moment) and realised that I was thinking of my own story which of course shouldn't be on any bookshelf. I muttered to myself for a while, calling myself a 'royal freak' and presently walked out. I think this story has gone to my mind. Of course, my precious mental health has never been better :D
Anyhow, adieu beloved friends and foes from Matrix movies. The next part of the story is a continuation of what I've posted previously. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Yoomi (aka Mr Anderson)
Black Book cont'd
...flowed remarkably like a dream. In what other setting would you find a teenage schoolboy in the garden of a strange lady who was the centre of the most rampant rumours? Perhaps nothing but a dream, or a fairytale, but I knew I would be waiting for Sidhi because I'd never felt more relaxed in my life.
She soon joined me, carrying a floral teapot, plates of biscuits and cakes on a silver tray. As she poured the tea, I cleared my throat. 'So why am I here?'
'I'm looking for a disciple.'
'Pardon?' She was smiling. I assumed she was joking but her jokes and more serious comments, I later learned, could easily be mistaken for each other. 'A disciple for what?'
'Oh, you know, like one of those people to pass on all my earthly knowledge to so that in the future humanity remembers me fondly.'
I smiled. 'So what's the knowledge?'
'It's knowledge like other knowledge. Nothing special really but it should be lost my dear boy. And yes, do have some tea. And a biscuit. They're the most marvellous things. I made them myself.'
I sank into my chair. The tea was good. Tea and Sidhi, Sidhi and tea, the two went straight hand in hand and what a delightful combination they were. She drank silently, her eyes watching the world. That's something I always remember about her. Most people, if staring into the distance, are off on some other planet. They're light years away and lost in their thoughts but never Sidhi. She was entirely there. She wasn't looking at me but I knew I had her complete attention. Maybe she was looking for a disciple. Maybe, I thought, she has some secret she wishes to share and only some random kid wandering the woods would be suitable to pass it to.
'So how's school going?'
I studied her carefully. What exactly did she know about me? Perhaps she was weird and perhaps I shouldn't be sitting with her but with all my heart, I didn't feel like being anywhere else. 'It's going well. And how is everything with you.'
'Fine, as usual. Are you relaxed Kep?'
A strange question. 'Yes, I suppose I am.'
'You seem like a smart kid.'
' I am,' I grinned.
'Modest too!. Quite impressive.'
We both laughed at that. 'Yeah, you see, I simply can't help myself.'
She shook her head mildly. That was another thing. People often minded my antics. They'd call them childish or plain stupid but she never did. What could be better than unconditional acceptance when you're young? It was crucial in my life. I knew that much but no matter what, she always brought me back to something she considered gravely important. 'Are you ready to learn Kep?'
I shrugged. 'I'm not sure what I'm going to be learning so how do I know if I'm ready?'
'I believe you're more than ready.'
'And what makes you say that?'
'From time to time, a person has a feeling of such certainty, they would bet their life on it.'
'And you're having that feeling?' I joked.
'Yes but I won't be betting my life on anything because there's no need to. I'm certain after all.'
'Okay, let's get started then. What are you going to teach me today?'
'About unity in the face of separateness.'
I wondered once again if she was for real. She appeared serious enough, she wasn't smiling exactly, but she was as light as ever so perhaps there was an element of humour which I didn't quite understand. 'Unity and separateness. Don't you think this might be too philosophical for a young kid such as myself?'
'But you know it's philosophical already. Does that frighten you?'
Again, that's all for now folks. My apologies for any spelling mistakes. They're really typing errors. I'll post more regularly...
First off, I'd like to tell everyone to not worry and yes, I'm still alive and I've been musing about my little fairytale and the next part of it. That said, I have been writing daily but I'm just wondering how I should post on this blog (i.e. daily or biweekly?) and I have heard that message from Agent Smith loud and clear but I was under the distinct impression that Mr Anderson had defeated him in the third movie. With all that in mind, I have a few things to say before getting back to the story.
I hope you all had a marvellous New Years. I had an interesting day on the beach with some fascinating events which I'll tell you all about some other time. I'm enjoying my writing and reading and I have started reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince but the thing is I'm reading much more slowly these days i.e. not reading fanatically.
The other day I was at my local bookstore and I had a very amusing (I thought it was amusing in retrospect). I was standing in the teen and children's fiction section and flipping to the back of each book, searching for a particular story. I had this story in mind and I just kept putting books back and picking up another one. Finally, I looked up (it was a true eureka moment) and realised that I was thinking of my own story which of course shouldn't be on any bookshelf. I muttered to myself for a while, calling myself a 'royal freak' and presently walked out. I think this story has gone to my mind. Of course, my precious mental health has never been better :D
Anyhow, adieu beloved friends and foes from Matrix movies. The next part of the story is a continuation of what I've posted previously. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Yoomi (aka Mr Anderson)
Black Book cont'd
...flowed remarkably like a dream. In what other setting would you find a teenage schoolboy in the garden of a strange lady who was the centre of the most rampant rumours? Perhaps nothing but a dream, or a fairytale, but I knew I would be waiting for Sidhi because I'd never felt more relaxed in my life.
She soon joined me, carrying a floral teapot, plates of biscuits and cakes on a silver tray. As she poured the tea, I cleared my throat. 'So why am I here?'
'I'm looking for a disciple.'
'Pardon?' She was smiling. I assumed she was joking but her jokes and more serious comments, I later learned, could easily be mistaken for each other. 'A disciple for what?'
'Oh, you know, like one of those people to pass on all my earthly knowledge to so that in the future humanity remembers me fondly.'
I smiled. 'So what's the knowledge?'
'It's knowledge like other knowledge. Nothing special really but it should be lost my dear boy. And yes, do have some tea. And a biscuit. They're the most marvellous things. I made them myself.'
I sank into my chair. The tea was good. Tea and Sidhi, Sidhi and tea, the two went straight hand in hand and what a delightful combination they were. She drank silently, her eyes watching the world. That's something I always remember about her. Most people, if staring into the distance, are off on some other planet. They're light years away and lost in their thoughts but never Sidhi. She was entirely there. She wasn't looking at me but I knew I had her complete attention. Maybe she was looking for a disciple. Maybe, I thought, she has some secret she wishes to share and only some random kid wandering the woods would be suitable to pass it to.
'So how's school going?'
I studied her carefully. What exactly did she know about me? Perhaps she was weird and perhaps I shouldn't be sitting with her but with all my heart, I didn't feel like being anywhere else. 'It's going well. And how is everything with you.'
'Fine, as usual. Are you relaxed Kep?'
A strange question. 'Yes, I suppose I am.'
'You seem like a smart kid.'
' I am,' I grinned.
'Modest too!. Quite impressive.'
We both laughed at that. 'Yeah, you see, I simply can't help myself.'
She shook her head mildly. That was another thing. People often minded my antics. They'd call them childish or plain stupid but she never did. What could be better than unconditional acceptance when you're young? It was crucial in my life. I knew that much but no matter what, she always brought me back to something she considered gravely important. 'Are you ready to learn Kep?'
I shrugged. 'I'm not sure what I'm going to be learning so how do I know if I'm ready?'
'I believe you're more than ready.'
'And what makes you say that?'
'From time to time, a person has a feeling of such certainty, they would bet their life on it.'
'And you're having that feeling?' I joked.
'Yes but I won't be betting my life on anything because there's no need to. I'm certain after all.'
'Okay, let's get started then. What are you going to teach me today?'
'About unity in the face of separateness.'
I wondered once again if she was for real. She appeared serious enough, she wasn't smiling exactly, but she was as light as ever so perhaps there was an element of humour which I didn't quite understand. 'Unity and separateness. Don't you think this might be too philosophical for a young kid such as myself?'
'But you know it's philosophical already. Does that frighten you?'
Again, that's all for now folks. My apologies for any spelling mistakes. They're really typing errors. I'll post more regularly...

10 Comments:
Dearest Sayiditi,
Hey Princess are you saying it would be good for me tto truant from school??? (Please say yes.) I wonder how many kids are blindly going to jig school looking for their Sidhi.HAhAhAHA.Hey chick-a-be I feel deeply honoured to be the first person to post on this comment. I think later we should watch part three again so we can learn the speech of by heart.(LOL).
Take plenty of care, seeing you right now,
Emen.
By
Anonymous, at 12:52 AM
I can't beleive EMn beat me to it! :P I will be after you Emen!! :P
I do hope you will post regularly Yoomi - I am all caught up in this story!!
I don't know if I mentioned this allready. Were you aware that "Sidhi" actually emans "knowledge". Knowledge like innate knowledge - not the type you learn from books... Knowing you - I have a snaeky feeling that you probably did!
By
Vidya, at 7:17 PM
Lol...Knowing me, I probably did know that but I have to say that for me, the name also has a second meaning...a much more subtle one. It interests me that certain words are common to more than one language and have slightly different meanings.
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 9:16 PM
Well that is what it means in sanskrit...I will give you the exact translation when I find it...
By
Vidya, at 3:03 AM
I'm sure it will be interesting to hear the exact translation dear Vidya :)
It's been a few days since I wrote anything in this Sidhi story. Last night,I read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. What a book! I'm literally blown away by it and very, very impressed.
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 6:17 PM
don't you just love how talented yumna is??? I'll answer my own question YES...(LOL)
By
Anonymous, at 7:13 PM
I thought HP-6 was very engaging... I still think HP-3 ismy favourite though...
By
Vidya, at 4:14 PM
Mr Anderson. You are definately the chosen one. No wonder you beat me up in the movie.
Mr Smith
By
Anonymous, at 4:21 PM
At last, we both agree who is stronger!! :D
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 9:29 PM
Looking for information and found it at this great site... Oxycontin addicts
By
Anonymous, at 7:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home