Writing Mania

Friday, November 18, 2005

Bookie

Dearest Peoples,

Of course, I do not mean that this post should be about 'bookies' or anything along that line but I do mean it in relation to books. Today, I was meandering around my local shopping centre in the few minutes before I dash off to work and discovered that a Borders will be opening in Parramatta in th coming months which is something which I have been secretly wishing for a few months now ever since they started building an additional complex which will be attached to the existing Westfields but that's not to say that I think I shall be spending all my time in Borders because nothing could be further from the truth. I just love my local A&R, they are just the best bunch of book-sellers in the world and they give good customer service new meaning and I seriously think that they must have a mug shot photo of me in the back room with a note to all staff to take care of me because I'm a valued customer. I could rave on for hours about the staff there but they are truly wonderful and I don't like to buy books from anywhere else and that includes Kinokuniya.

What am I reading these days? I'm still hung up on Camus and I've just bought The Outsider and The Fall and that means I have a pretty good Camus collection. I'm really excited about the books I've bought and what, considering I am working, I feel like I'm entitled to send a bit more on books. Mel, Anika, Vidya, you guys do agree right?

The past two weeks had a total of nine not so good days. It was what I would politely refer to as a 'rough' period and I feel that at this stage, it's still not something I want to talk about. I made a rather drastic decision in that time because I felt that this little patch in my life just had to end or else...Sorry, I'm speaking in riddles. Soon I will pen an epic email and shed a little light on the matter.


I have wandered far and I am back to writing poetry at a frantic pace. I always love the poetry, I love the lines, the quick phrases, the images and collection of words which are truly indelible, which I feel like quoting because they capture something which is otherwise difficult to word. Poetry is wonderful in that way and there really is nothing like it.

Recently I went to a small art gallery and I'm such a huge fan of art that if I was just a little bit richer and I had my own home, I would begin buying art (I love sculptures) and begin setting up my own library which must have a respectable art collection. That said, these days I love the poetry and I'm in love with art.

I shall leave this here. I hope all is well with you guys. Please take care and Mel, Vidya, Anika, if anyone will be in Sydney soon, let me know.

Yoomi

7 Comments:

  • Glad you are expanding your collection of books!! Woohoo, another Borders to visit next time I'm in Syd!!! Now, the next place Borders needs to conquer is Darwin...........

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 2:52 PM  

  • Lol...I agree Anika but wouldn't it be better to have a company which always sets up enormous bookstores everywhere...like one in every shopping centre. Perhaps I should dream on.

    Take care Anika

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 PM  

  • Yoomi!!! Where on earth have the other two gone??

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 2:44 PM  

  • I have my suspicions Anika. Mel I think has been eaten alive by her cell cultures. Quite a sad fate really. Vidya, I think she has found her fair Romeo over in her homeland. Let's sigh and wish them the best. Amen...Two minutes of silence for our absent friends :P

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 AM  

  • Knock knock. The dodgy indian tax collector was here to collect his dollar. **smirks** hehehe

    - Ridhish!

    :-D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  

  • I am here yoomi!!

    By Blogger Vidya, at 11:09 PM  

  • Ridhish...I'm too young and I barely work to be able to pay out that dollar a visit!

    Vidya, welcome, welcome. It's so great that you're back. My deepest apologies about today. The staff meaning slipped my mind and my mananger politely reminded me that all staff are meant to turn up...

    See you tomorrow anyhow.

    Yoomi

    P.S. Ridhish, do you have a blog???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home