Writing Mania

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Return of the Workaholic

For a long time, I've wondered if I'm a workaholic but then again, I feel that isn't the term I'm quite looking for and what I really mean is something along the lines of Ms. I-do-a-lot or Ms. I-am-obsessed-with-learning and anyhow, I'm sure you guys get the picture.

Things I'm doing these days:

*Working on a philosophy project that makes me feel like I've come to my literary home.

* Studying Physical Chemistry because I'm darn certain it's related to philosophy (I'll explain some other time).

* Pondering the future.

* Reading strange books in foreign languages. That said, I'd like to learn another language.

* Studying in earnest for my subjects for my masters.

I have always said I like learning. That's the truth of the matter. I find that I always come across interests that just catch my attention and then I follow them up. I like to do many things at once and I'm a firm believer in multi-tasking. I understand that not everyone shares my great beliefs.

I was slowly reading through my masterpiece the other day and it made me laugh and I find it's something that the minute I read, it just puts me in a better mood. I have quit explaining or trying to explain the reasons for writing my masterpiece and I don't bother justifying it in my mind at all. I feel it's an important part of my life and since a person is continually learning and changing, it's merely part of that learning process.

I'm enjoying life these days. I'm in love, I'm writing away, all is well pretty much everywhere and I'm back to plotting for the future...

And that, my friends, is my news!

Yoomi

14 Comments:

  • Welcome back to the blogging world Yoomina!!

    *bows*

    I'm glad you believe in multi-tasking because I believe that idle hands make people feel depressed and worthless....been there, done that.

    Do what you want to do now coz really, there is no other time like the future (I know this is a cliche, but I'm using it dammit!!)

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 3:45 AM  

  • And you're more than welcome to. God bless cliches. If they weren't so true, they wouldn't have been around long enough to become cliches, don't you think???

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:45 AM  

  • I said future..............

    I actually meant present.......

    Damn!!

    *smacks forhead*

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 7:50 PM  

  • glad you are having fun!!! I am stressing about anything and everything at the moment!!!

    *laughs at Anika as she hits herself a little too hard on her head and therefore falls over backwards*

    By Blogger Vidya, at 3:10 AM  

  • I think you should re-name this post as 'Return of the Mac' and sing that stupid song........

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 8:10 PM  

  • I'll keep that in mind dear Anika :D

    Hey Vidya, how's Perth?

    Anika, how's work and the Darwinian weather?

    Mel, where art thou?

    I spent the weekend watching the Bathurst and I was very disappointed that Senor Lowndes didn't last long in the race. Oh well, there's always next year...

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:59 AM  

  • Yeah........well, at least he wasn't killed by the tyre flying into his windscreen!! How freaky was that??

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 8:19 PM  

  • Yeah I agree dear Anika but still, I would've really liked it if he had won...

    How's everything with you?

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 AM  

  • Yes, me too!! I like his 'extra long' eyebrows, they are cute!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 4:12 PM  

  • Lol...I actually like his driving :P

    Yoomi

    P.S. I started work. It's so much fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

  • Where are you working?? Glad you are liking it!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 11:01 PM  

  • The Jewellery store... I truly didn't expect that it would be so interesting or as fun really. The manager and the other staff are just lovely though!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 AM  

  • Its the people that matter...

    By Blogger Vidya, at 12:18 AM  

  • Yep Vidya. I received that postcard today. Thank you so much!!!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home