Writing Mania

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Delays

Dear all,

I have decided that since it's been sometime since I updated my blog, I might as well do it now since it's a late night, I'm online, and I think I have enough time to write a decent entry.

My life has been rather hectic lately and you can say I'm enjoying it a lot. I had my last 'official' day for uni on Monday and from here on, it's going to be time spent in the lab and I can do that whenever I feel like it and it seems like it's all fairly flexible but I'm a fan of flexibility and so as long as I get to do something related to my interest in mood disorders, I'll be more than happy. I do have a final for one of my subjects which is a little odd but it's multiple choice and I like multiple choice and for that reason, I'm not terribly worried.

As for writing and reading; I've been doing a lot of both lately. It's been a rather interesting few weeks and last Monday I went on what could only be called a bookspree and I don't share that to make my fellow bibliomaniacs envious (*ahem* Mel) and I bought a few books that I'd wanted for sometime and now, I'm just going through my book collection slowly.

I started work last week and the incredible relief about that is I can go back to my old book buying habits and it means that I don't have to be too careful with how many books I buy and so on which is a definite plus. I'm enjoying work, my manager is a wonderful person, and the other staff all seem like a nice bunch. I'm sure it should keep me out of trouble over the Christmas break.

Other than that, I would like to go on a holiday sometime in February and I have a few ideas but it depends on starting my lab projects for uni and I suppose that is the priority. The more time that goes by, the more likely it seems like I'll go on a nice, long holiday once I finish my masters. I've got a list of destinations and I have to say that the countries I've long wanted to visit are right at the top and so there is plenty for me to look forward to...

So how is everyone and why have our blogs all gone so silent lately? I know Vidya's in Perth and I hope you're enjoying your time there dear Vidya. Anika, how is work and how did that interview go? Mel, what has Canberra done to you? It seems like you've seriously disappeared and I'd just like to hear from my friend is all!

Take care everyone. I miss you all...

Yoomi

17 Comments:

  • Yoomi, still no news of the interview. They should contact me this week as they said it would take about 2 weeks for everything to be processed and blah blah blah. You know the deal.

    I'm glad you went on a bookspree, I wish I could do the same!! I have been going to the library lots though and borrowing books. I would highly recommend 'Waiting' by Han Jing and also 'The Bridegroom' (also by him). Very good and I think beautifully written.

    I hope you are having a lovely weekend!!! Take care!!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 9:30 PM  

  • I had a fine weekend and now I'm having an increasingly strange Monday but alas, such is life!

    I have been doing a lot of reading lately but most of it has been philosophy and poetry and things like that. For some strange reason, I've cut down a lot on the fiction but I'm sure that given time, that will all change.

    I hope you get that job. I'm sure you'lll enjoy working in something more scientific a lot more :)

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

  • all is well here:D Miss you too Yoomi dearest! I think I might know someone who works with you... she went to school with me :D

    By Blogger Vidya, at 4:09 AM  

  • Does she have a name by any chance?

    I miss you all!

    Yoomi

    P.S. When do you go to India? I'm a bit worried that we haven't made plans to actually meet up...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 PM  

  • I actually went on a bit of a book/spending spree on Tue. I bought myself a copy of 'Girls Night In' and 'It'. I also bought a rather unique necklace which my Dad thinks is horrible.....

    It feels so good to just go out and buy stuff.......... hehe!!

    Gotta love shopping!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 5:55 PM  

  • You do have to love shopping and what's best is when you're working and have the money to spend. I've been spending money psychotically on books and I don't mean that lightly. I mean it with all my darn heart because technically spekaing, it's like I've rediscovered my love for books and I just love to buy books and I have the money and so out I go...

    I've got to say I love it though! :D

    Yoomi

    P.S. I've heard of Girls Night In. Haven't read it though. It, is that by Stephen King???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 AM  

  • I cant wait to shop in India!!! You know, this actually going to be my first time EVER in India when I am actually going to have my OWN money to spend!!!

    By Blogger Vidya, at 3:58 AM  

  • I am here YOomi!! And I am well:D

    By Blogger Vidya, at 8:35 PM  

  • I take it you've arrived and all is well Senorita Vidya... I hope you're having a fine time!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM  

  • Aw Yoomi, I know I've dissappeared and been a bad friend with not calling you back but I'm still alive and I do miss you ALOT!


    Mellie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 PM  

  • Hmmm that sounded suspiciously sarcastic and especially the 'aw' part but anyhow, I'm glad to hear from you.

    I am pottering away with my darn essay. I hope all is well with my former Macquarian buddies.

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 AM  

  • That wasn't sarcasm at all.

    Mel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 PM  

  • Indeed indeed. I know it wasn't. I was just joking around. Ramadan is over at last and I am parading around eating as much as possible, drinking as much coffee as possible and I wish you all a beneficial day!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 PM  

  • *ding dong*

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 10:48 PM  

  • I got that Anika :D

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 AM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 AM  

  • Where did you find it? Interesting read »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home