Writer
Dear Buddies of Mine,
Yes, I am still alive and I apologise for taking so long to actually update my blog. You can say that I've been rather busy. Actually, I feel like my life has gone through a dramatic upheaval and I'm finding it a little difficult to talk about this 'upheaval.' Recently, I made a conscious decision that the current book I'm writing will be the last fictional book I'll write for a long time. Perhaps in some ways, when you sort of think about what an obsessive writer I am, it does sound worrying but I also feel that this is a gradual progression and I just want to shift my focus to other things. In some ways, I feel like I've accomplished all I can with fiction. I'm at peace, I'm content with life, and things couldn't be better.
On another note, most of my reading these days centres around philosophy. I got my hands on a copy of American Psycho and that's near the top of my reading list. Strangely enough, I've yet to read the 6th Harry Potter and I can hear the gasps when you read that but it's the truth. I'm not quite sure why that is. It's sitting on my table, I want to read it, and I imagine that once I have the time I will read it. It's amusing how pretty much my entire blog revolves around my reading and writing.
Lastly, I'm in love with my solitude these days and I've become rather casual in writing or calling people. It's something I've noticed this past week. Of course, I don't mean that in all my friendships and relationships but I have definitely noticed it. It's almost like I've lost my enthusiasm for the whole socialising process. Should I be worried? Perhaps I should but I also think that it's part of my whole decision to make a shift in my writing. And for the love life? Everything is well in paradise. By the way, are we still meeting up this Sunday ???
Yoomi
Yes, I am still alive and I apologise for taking so long to actually update my blog. You can say that I've been rather busy. Actually, I feel like my life has gone through a dramatic upheaval and I'm finding it a little difficult to talk about this 'upheaval.' Recently, I made a conscious decision that the current book I'm writing will be the last fictional book I'll write for a long time. Perhaps in some ways, when you sort of think about what an obsessive writer I am, it does sound worrying but I also feel that this is a gradual progression and I just want to shift my focus to other things. In some ways, I feel like I've accomplished all I can with fiction. I'm at peace, I'm content with life, and things couldn't be better.
On another note, most of my reading these days centres around philosophy. I got my hands on a copy of American Psycho and that's near the top of my reading list. Strangely enough, I've yet to read the 6th Harry Potter and I can hear the gasps when you read that but it's the truth. I'm not quite sure why that is. It's sitting on my table, I want to read it, and I imagine that once I have the time I will read it. It's amusing how pretty much my entire blog revolves around my reading and writing.
Lastly, I'm in love with my solitude these days and I've become rather casual in writing or calling people. It's something I've noticed this past week. Of course, I don't mean that in all my friendships and relationships but I have definitely noticed it. It's almost like I've lost my enthusiasm for the whole socialising process. Should I be worried? Perhaps I should but I also think that it's part of my whole decision to make a shift in my writing. And for the love life? Everything is well in paradise. By the way, are we still meeting up this Sunday ???
Yoomi

14 Comments:
haven't read the 6th Harry Potter yet??? :O:O:O:O
Two posts in one day?? ;)
I do hope to see you soon Yoomi!!!
By
Vidya, at 6:58 PM
You don't know how to do a dilution???
*Kills Yash*
Seriously, Yoomi, I hope you do continue to write poetry, coz it's lovely!! Seriously, lovely sounds like a dumb word, but you know, it really is!!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 10:14 PM
Hello Yoomi!!! Are you there??
By
Anika From Darwin, at 7:25 PM
Lol...Anika, yes, I'm definitely here. I just hadn't known that technically speaking I had published the same post twice...I feel liek kicking myself but never mind!
Poetry, a lot of it is inspired by a particular person and I find that much of it is also very dependent on my mood and so I shall wait and see.
I have just shifted my focus a little and I shall see how I go. I'm enjoying my simple, easygoing life. Suddenly, I feel like a holiday.
Vidya, are we still meeting tomorrow? Good day to you all!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 8:53 PM
Hey Yoomi, you mentioned you feel like a holiday, may I be the first one to tell you that you don't look like one!!!
Hehe!!!
Please put up a new post soon!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 5:31 PM
*DING DONG*
That was the update bell!!!!!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 7:40 PM
I bet it was Anika!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 10:37 PM
*ding ding ding ding ding ding* Now anyone want to guess what that was????
By
Vidya, at 12:21 AM
O Yumna, where art thou??
By
Anika From Darwin, at 8:27 PM
I am meandering around Sydney dear Anika!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 5:30 AM
Don't forget to meander back to your blog and update us on the life of Yumna The Great!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 5:13 PM
DING DONG!!!!!!!!!
By
Vidya, at 4:20 PM
*clang*
That was me on the cymbals (the big ones!!)
By
Anika From Darwin, at 11:11 PM
This is very interesting site... 240sx body kits nissan 240sx body kit Proactiv kit prices Gps software maps Secure online merchant accounts maui marriott hotel Fake vicodin in mexico cheap digital prints Vermont accutane legal Drug+celexa bed and breakfast at bald head island2cnc Tax refund search
By
Anonymous, at 3:56 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home