Writing Mania

Monday, September 19, 2005

La-La Land

It's been sometime and I've certainly heard the ding-dong bells and so here I am on this Monday evening to write a proper update for my blog so that it doesn't seem like I've come to neglect my dearest friends.

Today was the first day of my neuroscience subject Addiction and it was so darn exciting that I'm not sure what to say about it really but it was so fascinating and fun and I was really sad when the day came to an end but then I thought that there are at least anothet two days and I have an essay to do and it can be about anything within the broad field of addiction and I'm thinking of doing my essay on amphetamines and depression which sounds perhaps strange but the actual neural circuits overlap a fair bit and ecstasy blocks the serotonin transporter and I can already feel myself getting carried away with this but I just want to share this rather interesting aspect of my studies because it's like a rare moment really.

I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the weekend with two of my close 'buddies' and it was a great movie and rather distracting in a way because my attention was rather divided but never mind that. I really loved the movie and Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka reminded me of Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean with his sarcasm, humour, occasional seriousness, and what I call Depp brilliance. If you haven't seen it, please do because it's a wonderful movie really.

Anika arrives this weekend and I'm excited. I miss my uni buddies and I miss speaking to you guys but I'm glad that we have these blogs because when I do actually speak to any of you, I feel like there is so much to talk about and it's like we're in constant contact (which we are) and which is absolutely great.

Writing, I just have to mention it. I have made a vague switch to philosophy and I'm finalising my fictional writing and I am relieved in a way and grateful for the new direction. I find that a certain individual helps me out a lot when it comes to certain ideas with my whole philosophy project and I just love the presence of this certain person in my life. It makes the world a very bright, rosy place.

I shall leave this here. I wish you all a fine and beautiful week!

Yoomi

17 Comments:

  • Your second paragraph is one big sentence!!! (Just thought I would point it out to you!)

    I liek Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too...It was quirky and very different to the first one.

    By Blogger Vidya, at 8:21 PM  

  • Lol...Thank you for that Vidya. I hadn't noticed. Kinda cool really!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 AM  

  • I want to see Charlie too!!! I've heard some people didn't like it, but what's not to like about chocolate?? I guess those people were not chocoholics........

    See you soon Yoomi!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 5:47 PM  

  • See you soon Anika....People not liking Charlie. I have to say I'm horrified people wouldn't like it :O

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 PM  

  • BTW.........as for your title of the post............I too am in La-La Land today..........

    Dum di dum............

    I just said to Vids that I'd meet you and her on the 25th July.......

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 4:33 PM  

  • Yes Yoomi... Anika is going to travel back in time to meet us both...

    By Blogger Vidya, at 6:16 PM  

  • Woohooo, who has the time machine my dear friends? I'd like to make a duplicate!

    Yumna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 PM  

  • duplicate time machine or duplicate Yumna???

    If you make Duplicate Yumna's can I bags one right now??

    By Blogger Vidya, at 6:53 PM  

  • I suppose you can Senorita Vidya. How exciting! Senorita Vidya sort of rhymes :D

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 AM  

  • Senorita Yumna deffinetly rhymes though :D

    By Blogger Vidya, at 10:04 PM  

  • Lol, indeed it does!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 AM  

  • DING DONG!!!!!!!!

    Yoomi, it was lovely meeting up with you and Vids and the pretend Mel (Kasun).........

    Miss you guys..........

    Later on, in Canberra, Vids was played by Rids, and Kasun played you Yoomi!!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 5:53 PM  

  • Lol...That's funny. Hey Anika, out of curiosity, will you be in Darwin around February? I know it's many months away but I'm wondering...

    Tomorrow, we officially start fasting! It should be interesting to say the least...

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 PM  

  • I was going to ask you about the fasting Yoomi... Do you plan to fast this year?

    By Blogger Vidya, at 12:27 AM  

  • I was going to ask you the same question and see how you were holding up after one day.......miss you!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 5:27 PM  

  • Yes, I'm definitely fasting dear Vidya. It was an interesting day today. It's not the easiest thing in the world but rewarding in it's own way I suppose...

    Yoomi

    P.S. Anika, holding up just fine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 AM  

  • Yoomi, it was great talking to you last night!!!! Thanks for ringing!!

    However, I think it's time for an update!!! So, update!!!

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home