Poetry and Wandering
Today I haven't done much and I'm not lying when I say I honestly don't care. I sort of have realised that there's a lot to be learnt and so little time! I went to a bookstore today and I'm currently interested in Ayn Rand's writing because she has a way of mixing philosophy into her fiction. I just read Anthem by her and it reminds in some ways of Orwell's 1984 which is one of my favourite books. And then I got to thinking about the novel I'm currently writing which has to outdo my last book and must make sense and I want to hold it all together in a logical way. I've been writing a lot of poetry but I'm unsure about some of it. Some is really good, others are almost like reflections and I'm feeling rather sad at the moment because life is a tad claustrophobic but I'm hoping this will just pass. I think I'm feeling isolated. I said that comment especially for Anika because she's not the only one feeling the way she feels. I've got many things to do but I hardly feel like doing any of them and the weather just encourages me to do nothing because it's so cool and grey and I love weather like this because I can just sit around and do nothing at all. I wrote these ten lines yesterday and I titled them 'Innate.' I'm not sure if I'd consider them a poem but oh well, life goes on...
Innate...
Humans are preoccupied with themselves.
It's an age old habit of ours.
Time, though wearing, will never break it,
and we can contemplate the stars and sun,
musing how they're lustrous, blooming pearls,
but we only care for them
as long as they matter to us.
Call me a pessimist, call me cynical,
I only make a claim to the truth,
because ultimately, only it gives me hope...
I'm wondering, has anyone read the Iliad? I just started it and it's rather cool...
Yoomi
Innate...
Humans are preoccupied with themselves.
It's an age old habit of ours.
Time, though wearing, will never break it,
and we can contemplate the stars and sun,
musing how they're lustrous, blooming pearls,
but we only care for them
as long as they matter to us.
Call me a pessimist, call me cynical,
I only make a claim to the truth,
because ultimately, only it gives me hope...
I'm wondering, has anyone read the Iliad? I just started it and it's rather cool...
Yoomi

9 Comments:
Hey Yoomi,
That was lovely - I'm no expert on poetry but I think it was a poem. Confession: when I read the title I thought of Innate Immunity - you said call you a pessimist, I say call me an immunologist! hehe
Also, can we meet on sunday instead of saturday as my brothers (all 3 of them) and my Dad play baseball together an I really want to watch and make fun of them! Around 12pm on sunday if you can...
By
Mellie, at 3:56 PM
Hey Yumna (pronounced Jumna),
I agree with Mellie Pellie, it is indeed a good poem. *tries to think of a term ending with 'ist' to describe myself and fails miserably*
Have a good day girls, and enjoy your secret rendezvous on Sunday!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 4:05 PM
Hey anika,
You shall from now and forever more be called 'the Darwinist'. Also, its a very secret rendezvous thats why I posted it on the secret internet...hehe...I'm thinking rendezvous is another word to pronounce like facade. You know you wanna!
By
Mellie, at 7:12 PM
Thanks for that guys... A lot of the stuff I'm writing these days will end up in that book I'm writng which is proving to be quite hilarious... Mel, you mentioned getting a roommate???
About Sunday, that's fine with me...City or Macquarie? (Hint: there are more bookstores in the city! :P)
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 7:32 PM
I know there's more bookstores in the city but I think I'd prefer going to Mac center - see a movie, etc...
By
Mellie, at 9:04 PM
Hehe, I know how secretive you are Mel. Yes, I had to look up how to spell rendezvous because I pronounced it 're-zen-dev-ous' even though it's not really pronounced like that phonetically. Man.
Take care!!!!
Where is Vidya btw?? Maybe she is having a secret rendezvous with a certain someone in Canberra, no, not you Mel!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 9:50 PM
aww...you got me all excited for a second there - I was about to run outside and start yelling for her! hehe guess who is a new thrid year immunology tutor/demonstrator extrodinare...
By
Mellie, at 10:37 PM
Yeah, I've been wondering about Vidya... She seems to have disappeared! Mac centre should be cool. I'm currently good buddies with Joanne Jamie. I still don't like her dramatic gestures though :P
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 3:13 AM
Where did you find it? Interesting read how long does 5mg valium last Cancer cure msnbcmsncom site Account card credit line merchant loan Domaine public droit de la concurrence
By
Anonymous, at 2:36 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home