Writing Mania

Friday, April 29, 2005

Social Interaction

Ah, at last... This is what I need. You see, I think you all would've noticed how quiet I am in person and technically speaking it annoys me too but I honestly can not help it but I am mending my ways and let's see, the rules for communication and social interaction...
1) If you act like you know what you're doing, people will believe you do know what you're doing!
2) If you put a smile on your face when you talk, it changes your voice dramatically and you suddenly sound bubbly and chirpy. Try it sometime!
3) Everyone appreciates politeness and friendliness. If someone doesn't, you have one of two options. You can tell them to **** off (hardly polite if you ask me and I can't put bad, bad words on my blog, a stray kid might stumble on to my words of wisdom!) or you can ignore them and pretend they don't exist (my personal favourite).
4) It is possible to hold a conversation with anyone you meet and that includes drunks on the train. Actually they usually have rather amusing speech :D
5) I am learning to relate to my fellow humans because I have no choice but to! I am learning to make polite chit-chat about nothing in particular. I've noticed people who have lived in many different places have the most amazing accents.
6) It is possible to work, study, write like a maniac, and do everything like it's a full-time job. It just takes some juggling and asking for special treatment!
7) There are some people you will like and some which you will not. It's only natural. Hmmm, no more gems of wisdom peoples!

Let's see, my writing is advancing along nicely. I'm having a grand good time and I'm wandering through some crucial plot points. Oh, and if anyone wants to add my bits about social interaction, you're more than welcome to :P Take care everyone.

Yoomi

8 Comments:

  • I dont think you are "quiet in person". Maybe its just me...but I think you sound quieter on than you are on your blog...:D

    I like your little guide:D

    By Blogger Vidya, at 8:01 AM  

  • I actually remembered another one! If you wish to talk to the person and get their heart rather than their facade, you must approach them when they're alone! That's a rule :D

    Hope you're having a fine weekend Vidya!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 PM  

  • No Vids, she is quiet in person - you just don't notice because you're always talkiing! hehe

    By Blogger Mellie, at 6:54 PM  

  • Mel... Oh dear, my mortification is complete ! I was thinking of posting a poem next time... It'll get our poetic souls working :D I take it everyone is alive and well???

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 PM  

  • Mellie Pellie :P :P :P Thanks for pointing it out to me :P

    By Blogger Vidya, at 2:00 AM  

  • Hehe Vids - I'm not sure why but I appear to be picking on you lately! My apologies!
    Yoomi: Yes! Post a poem next - I have been refilling pipette tip boxes and really need something to re-energize me!

    By Blogger Mellie, at 9:23 PM  

  • Hehe. I like your little list Yoomi. I will try and add to it when I'm at work and am not feeling so hot. I hope everyone is well and good. It's a public holiday today here in Darwin, but not in Sydney!! (See, this is WHY I live in Darwin)

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 12:11 AM  

  • Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home