The Beautiful in Life
I'm not sure about everyone else but I know that often when I'm feeling really down, music does wonders for my mood. My current obsession is Deep Forest and I absolutely love their song 'Sweet Lullaby.' It reminds me of Enigma's music but it's different and it's wonderful and the music is great. I find stuff like that inspiring, as well as fine art. I've added another artist to my favourite artist list and that's Whistler. Actually come to think of it, I don't think there's a single woman artist that I really like. I suppose that could be because women just took it up recently but who knows...
I've been thinking about my writing lately and yes I know, what else do I think about besides writing? My whole life revolves around writing. I've got this quote which makes me laugh but I think it's fairly accurate too....
'Standing by his wife's bedside watching her face contort, the better to record her death agony. He can't help doing it. He's a writer. He can't feel. He can only record...' by Brian Moore
Writing is arrogant and it's honestly nothing besides self-absorpment. Of course that doesn't mean I like it any less. I suppose we all need something to live for in life and that's what I live for. When I think of it that way, life seems remarkably simple, don't you think? For everyone whose brain is hurting, my apologies. Catch ya all later!
Yoomi
-I can be your balloon of optimism
until my own good spirits desert me...
I've been thinking about my writing lately and yes I know, what else do I think about besides writing? My whole life revolves around writing. I've got this quote which makes me laugh but I think it's fairly accurate too....
'Standing by his wife's bedside watching her face contort, the better to record her death agony. He can't help doing it. He's a writer. He can't feel. He can only record...' by Brian Moore
Writing is arrogant and it's honestly nothing besides self-absorpment. Of course that doesn't mean I like it any less. I suppose we all need something to live for in life and that's what I live for. When I think of it that way, life seems remarkably simple, don't you think? For everyone whose brain is hurting, my apologies. Catch ya all later!
Yoomi
-I can be your balloon of optimism
until my own good spirits desert me...

10 Comments:
I think life is about finding that "one thing"... and if you have found your "thing"... then there is not much more to do than to rejoice!
By
Vidya, at 3:43 AM
I wish I knew what 'thing' I was looking for!!
Could Kasun be considered a 'thing'??
Argh, boys are useless!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 5:29 AM
Anika...You have just denounced half of the human species :P Never mind me, me and my obsession with trying to figure out the meaning of life is truly nothing new but then again, perhaps I can stop looking!!!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 8:19 PM
Err, let me now take time out to apologise to half of the human species.
Sorry boys, minus Kasun. I'm NOT sorry to him at all.
Yes, 'we' are having problems, in fact there is no 'we' anymore!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 9:35 PM
Oh dear!!! Hmmm, plenty of fish in the sea perhaps? I'm really not sure. Keep a smile on your face. There, words of wisdom at last!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 3:00 AM
People...half the human species!!! The problems of generalisation...
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 3:54 AM
a little more than half actually... 53% I think... Even greater in Asia due to things like female infanticide...
By
Vidya, at 10:38 PM
Okay, okay... It's time to update this blog...
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 11:20 PM
Starts the old rendition of 'I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter!'
Follows that with 'I'm sick and tired, of always being sick and tired!'
By
Anika From Darwin, at 12:05 AM
I've become soo numb... I can't feel you there...
By
Vidya, at 4:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home