Writing Mania

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Writing Once More

The Wisdom of Writing...

I feel like it's a good title for a blog entry.

If I write, it feels like things are coming together. I feel like I'm in touch with the universe. And with a feeling like that, exhilarating as it is, why don't I write all the time? For starters, I find that with my current story for example, I cannot write beyond two pages a day. I write exactly two pages and then put it away. If I haven't written for a few days, I can still only write two pages. The ideas need time to grow, I think. This is the first time that I've had such a strange restriction on how much I can write. That said, it's going well :)

As for reading...I think Bukowski got it right when he said that if you read long enoug, you'll look around one day and find that there's nothing good left to read. I think I reached that stage about a year ago. There are good books but not as many as there used to be simply because I've read many of them.

Cheerios,

Yoomi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home