Befrazzled Thieves
Dearest buddies,
I have had a tremendously hectic week and the coming week is going to be a whole lot worse.
I have been working a lot lately and it's quite good except that twice this week, quite a few watches were stolen and everyone working with me is suffering from acute paranoia. I hope that the regular customers don't think that we're being rude but we're all hypervigilant, tense, and often a bit distracted, and then today, one of the two guys that stole some watches on Tuesday came back and I went up to one of these guys and I'm like I recognise that face and then quite politely, I asked him how he is and if he'd like any help. He smiled and said no, he's fine and he's just looking, which is ordinarily a signal that I better leave and let the customer browse and ordinarily I would do that but I chose to stand right next to this guy and inspect the watches with him and him and his friend left a grand total of two seconds later and then we went and made a call to security. On one hand, I almost admire the slyness of the guy and the boldness of these bastards but I hate thieves and I was very glad to see them leave. After they left, I went and stared at myself in the mirror, wondering if I looked scary because they left pretty quickly... This is a random update.
What am I reading these days? I'm reading the biography of Tori Amos and Tales from the Arabian Nights. I spend so much time at work these days that I've cut down on my computer time so if I take my time responding, there's no need to worry because I'm always lurking around somewhere. By the way, one word in the title of this post is made up. I hope you can all figure out which one...
Adieu.
Yoomi
I have had a tremendously hectic week and the coming week is going to be a whole lot worse.
I have been working a lot lately and it's quite good except that twice this week, quite a few watches were stolen and everyone working with me is suffering from acute paranoia. I hope that the regular customers don't think that we're being rude but we're all hypervigilant, tense, and often a bit distracted, and then today, one of the two guys that stole some watches on Tuesday came back and I went up to one of these guys and I'm like I recognise that face and then quite politely, I asked him how he is and if he'd like any help. He smiled and said no, he's fine and he's just looking, which is ordinarily a signal that I better leave and let the customer browse and ordinarily I would do that but I chose to stand right next to this guy and inspect the watches with him and him and his friend left a grand total of two seconds later and then we went and made a call to security. On one hand, I almost admire the slyness of the guy and the boldness of these bastards but I hate thieves and I was very glad to see them leave. After they left, I went and stared at myself in the mirror, wondering if I looked scary because they left pretty quickly... This is a random update.
What am I reading these days? I'm reading the biography of Tori Amos and Tales from the Arabian Nights. I spend so much time at work these days that I've cut down on my computer time so if I take my time responding, there's no need to worry because I'm always lurking around somewhere. By the way, one word in the title of this post is made up. I hope you can all figure out which one...
Adieu.
Yoomi

8 Comments:
Yoomi, nice work!!!! I hope the guy wasn't one of your bros (or Kasun for that matter).
Proud of you girl!!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 7:14 PM
Lol...I know. I can assure you it wasn't one of my bros. I'm penning that email right now.
I'm in a wonderfully good mood. It was lovely speaking to you dear Anika. Make sure you have a beautiful evening!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 12:45 AM
I went into Borders during work hours today and bought the books I had wanted to buy the last time i was there! :D
By
Vidya, at 3:52 AM
I am tremendously jealous. Actually, on second thoughts, I'm not really. I am enjoying my bookadelic existence and I'm enjoying buying a few neat items of jewellery. My next item is going to be a cameo. I saw one today as I was unpacking the case and I was incredibly excited so that's next on my to-buy list!
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 2:10 AM
Yoomi... I have been reading "The Satanic Verses" lately and I am sure tehre are a whole heap of allusions to the Qu'ran in that book... hopefully what I am about to ask isn't too offensive, but you wouldn't ahppen to know of a good Qu'ran translation in english or a summary that I could get from somewhere would you??
By
Vidya, at 4:45 AM
The best one would perhaps be the NJ Dawood one available from Penguin but then again, that's the most 'popular' one but the best one is by Pickthall (I think that's how his name's spelt) and that's the translation that Muslims like best. I like the Dawood version because it's easier and flows more...
Yoomi
P.S. I once tried to read the Satanic Verses and thought it was well-written but for some strange reason, I read ten pages and put it down. I think at the time I wasn't terribly interested :)
By
Anonymous, at 5:34 AM
Update!!!!!!!!!
By
Anika From Darwin, at 1:41 AM
I know, I know but I'm nearing psychological meltdown so give me time :)
Yoomi
By
Anonymous, at 6:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home