Writing Mania

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cool Autumn

Dearest Comrades,

It is time for a regular update where I can ramble and babble quite happily. How is everyone enjoying this fine autumn weather? This is my favourite weather in the world because the sun is shining, the sky is delightfully blue, but the air is quite chilly and it's fine to wear a jacket.

Lately, I have been doing a lot of writing and reading and I won't go into much detail because I'll end up boring everyone but I will say that I have never felt so content or so inspired in my life. I have started thinking a lot about Lebanon lately because I keep thinking to myself that in a few months, I will be done with uni and then I am FREEEEEEE, and I know that I want to work for a while but my plan is to head overseas. That's what I've always wanted to do and my first stop is the Middle East. I want to spend sometime in Lebanon and then wander around the region because I tell myself there is a series of stories I want to write and I want to be over there when I write them. It seems like I'm being fussy but hey, that's how I feel...

I am listening to some cool and funky music these days. Hawksley Workman is of course one of the main guys I listen to, along with Tori Amos, Simon & Garfunkel, and U2. My taste in music is expanding but I seem to have a soft spot for rock from the eighties. I just like something that sounds good.

I'm thinking about starting a herb garden. It's been sometime since I have done any gardening. The other day I was staring at the ceiling and thinking to myself that I feel so ancient. It's not a depressed feeling or anything. I was very content thinking that and it's a bit hard to explain but yes, I, Yoomi of Australia, feel ancient.

I wish you all a wonderfully short working week!

Yoomi

5 Comments:

  • Is that ancient in a "wise and accomplished" way??

    A herb garden ayy?? I have never enjoyed gardening... I don't know why. I think of myself as a fairly "green" person (not that I have a fungus infection or something and therefore I am green!I am brown!:P), but never enjoyed gardening....

    By Blogger Vidya, at 3:58 AM  

  • hehe I think Vids all but admitted to having a fungal infection hehe haha!

    Guess what I did last night: told my flat mate to move out! He was so shocked and I was so shocked that he could possibly be shocked!

    Yoomi, I am going to have to talk to you tonight...I have an expanding idea for our cafe/publishing house/vegan food factory dream!

    Mellie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 PM  

  • Lol...It was great talking to you last night Mellie Pellie.

    I have become a Red Hot Chili Peppers fanatic. I love their lead singer.

    It is in an accomplished way Vids. It's a tad difficult to explain. Maybe I can tell you about it over tea sometime.

    Speak to you both soon.

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

  • That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home