Writing Mania

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Friend in Need

For once, this will be a rambling update that has little to do with writing. I talk enough about my writing as it is.

My life is well and I have to say that I'm enjoying life. I suppose that it's because I feel so alive but it's more than that. We live in exciting times and I am surprised reading that I just wrote that but even cynicism must make an exit, no matter how temporary, at some stage. I am working, writing, and reading a lot.

Reading is an old joy of mine. In many ways, I think it was my biggest passion before writing came along but perhaps that is inaccurate because I have been writing for a very long time but I know there are many ways I can look at this and anyhow, it's all rather irrelevant. I'm reading a book about Count Dracula (fiction) by Roderick Anscombe and it is set in 19th century Paris and the language is an absolute delight. My favourite staff member at my local A&R recommended it and since I give in to any bookish whim easily, I bought the book. There is also Beowulf but I'm taking my time with that. There is a book on the history of magic which I find very interesting. I have read many things along those lines; about alchemy, about mysticism, tarot sets, witchcraft, etc...because it is very inspiring. Such books seem to involve a bit of history, mythology, philosophy, and so there is always something for someone. Ah yes, I'm reading a lot of poetry and I won't bother with the list.

Today I sent the travelling journal to Mel and I imagine it will arrive in her letterbox on Thursday. I'm looking forward to reading your updates.

I go to Queensland on Friday. I have been really enthusiastically making it known that I want a road trip and that's what I will get. I mean we can fly, we can take the train, we can take a bus, and who knows, maybe we can even get a ship or boat up to the Gold Coast, but I want to drive. I want to sing at the top of my lungs, I want to spend time with people I have known for a very long time and, one week of semi-sunshine, theme parks, a new environment should be great.

Last night I received a call from a friend and she wasn't in the best mood. She was upset and rather tearful and she apologised for calling which makes me raise my eyebrows. Any decent friend likes to hear from their friends no matter what. I value my friends immensely. They're up there with my writing and I think that if a friend doesn't call, that denies me the opportunity to help that friend out. It makes sense right?

I am listening to Xavier Rudd and mavelling at Mel's taste in music. Those CDs dear Mel included in the travelling journal were wonderful. I have been enjoying listening to them this past week and I know I will continue listening to them.

This might be the only update for the next two weeks. Don't think I've disappeared. I'm always around somewhere...

Yoomi

8 Comments:

  • ME FIRST!!!!!

    I am sorry about the Cd... I will put it back in journal when I get it the second time round!!

    By Blogger Vidya, at 4:39 PM  

  • No problem! You should get the journal soon...

    How's your day going Vidya?

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 PM  

  • not bad... not bad:D

    By Blogger Vidya, at 1:31 AM  

  • Hey Yoomi,

    Have an awesome trip!!!!!!

    I am enjoying my time in Darwin with a certain 'someone'!!!!!!

    Lots of love from Anika xxx

    By Blogger Anika From Darwin, at 6:13 PM  

  • The Gold Coast is just bloody brilliant! I'm loving it :D

    Yoomi

    P.S. Anika, I hope you're 'really' enjoying your time with a certain someone...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

  • a balck book update?

    By Blogger Vidya, at 1:33 AM  

  • Soon! Soon!

    Yoomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 AM  

  • Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home